The MC2KW features McIntosh Quad Balanced Circuitry which, in the process of creating such extraordinary power, actually cancels virtually all noise and distortion. Listening to music through the MC2KW one gets a sense that all barriers between the performer and the listener have been removed, leaving only the raw passion and excitement of the performance. The MC2KW’s unique design incorporates three modules. Two 1000-watt Power Modules each contain half the balanced circuitry and a power supply. The Output Module houses the input and output connections, meter, output autoformer, and functions as the control center. The bifilar-wound, mirror-image output transformer combines the two signals from the Power Modules, cancelling noise and distortion while summing the power output.
MC2KW Power Amplifier Features:
EXCLUSIVE MCINTOSH POWER ASSURANCE SYSTEM
A collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level – resets automatically.
Unique McIntosh technology delivers the full rated amplifier output with the least possible distortion into loudspeaker impedances of 2, 4, or 8 Ohms; you get all the power you paid for and the freedom to choose any loudspeaker.
Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks so staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.
- Balanced and Unbalanced Inputs
- Thruputs for Bi and Tri-Amping
- Connections for 8, 4, and 2 Ohms
- 3 Full Sets of Terminals for Tri-Wiring
- Power Control Triggers (In and Out)
- Peak Responding Output Meter
- Meter Hold Front Panel Switch
- Silent Convection Cooling
- Cool-Running High Efficiency Circuits
- Thermal Track Output Transistors
- Safe Operation to Below 2 Ohms
- Sentry Monitor Protection
- Power Line Inrush Protection
- Fiber Optic Front Panel Lighting