MC2KW Power Amplifier Features:
EXCLUSIVE MCINTOSH POWER ASSURANCE SYSTEMA collection of technologies that enhance performance and reliability while protecting the amplifier and loudspeakers.
POWER GUARD A waveform comparison circuit continuously monitors both input and output signals. Power Guard dynamically adjusts the input level to avoid clipping while preventing harsh sounding distortion.
SENTRY MONITORTM Fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating level – resets automatically.
OUTPUT AUTOFORMER Unique McIntosh technology delivers the full rated amplifier output with the least possible distortion into loudspeaker impedances of 2, 4, or 8 Ohms; you get all the power you paid for and the freedom to choose any loudspeaker.
WATTMETER Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks so staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.
- Balanced and Unbalanced Inputs
- Thruputs for Bi and Tri-Amping
- Connections for 8, 4, and 2 Ohms
- 3 Full Sets of Terminals for Tri-Wiring
- Power Control Triggers (In and Out)
- Peak Responding Output Meter
- Meter Hold Front Panel Switch
- Silent Convection Cooling
- Cool-Running High Efficiency Circuits
- Thermal Track Output Transistors
- Safe Operation to Below 2 Ohms
- Sentry Monitor Protection
- Power Line Inrush Protection
- Fiber Optic Front Panel Lighting