Situations often arise in multi room music distribution system in which there is only enough space to locate a single speaker. This usually happens in smaller rooms such as bathrooms where the ceiling space is limited either because of the inherently small size of the room, or much of the available space is taken up for lights and air vents. Using a conventional in ceiling speaker in this circumstance would yield compromised playback of only the left or right channel of the stereo signal, which is less than mono. Half of the music. Not good. The clever engineers at KEF have created an intelligent solution to
overcome this all too common problem.
• The CiTR-SM takes the separate left and right channels from the output of a stereo amplifier and combines them so they will playback into virtually any single speaker, with no compromise to the electronics, speaker or musical signal.
• With the CiTR-SM an installer is not limited to using an in-ceiling speaker for this application; they can choose ANY form
factor - be it in-ceiling, in-wall, outdoor, on-wall, bookshelf or floor standing. Limitless choice.
• Should you choose to run the left and right speaker wires to the speakers, the CiTRSM could be located behind the speaker. If the CiTR-SM is located at the electronics, time and money are saved because only a single speaker wire needs be connected from the CiTR-SM to the speaker.
• 30 watts power handling.
• Combines two channels to play through a single loudspeaker with no compromise.
• Works with any speaker form factor.
• Can be located behind the speaker or at the equipment location.
• Ideal for use in small rooms where there is space for only one speaker