- Beautiful black finish
- Deep bass from a 3.5-inch woofer brings movie and gaming effects to life
- Clear, accurate highs from aluminum dome tweeter help you hear details you’ve never before noticed
- Wide placement options with horizontal, vertical mounting
Like all of the Take series speakers, the SAT is versatile—you can hang them horizontally or vertically to fit your room and the screen. No matter how you use them, you’ll be impressed. A 1-inch dome tweeter and 3.5-inch woofer provides powerful movie sound. And, magnetic shielding ensures that you can place it as close to a standard CRT monitor as you like, without interference.
Bragging rights: The Take SAT speaker brings Energy engineering principles to home theater sound:
- Flat On-Axis Frequency Response with Wide Bandwidth: Speakers should reproduce the entire audio range in a uniform manner. By ensuring that no one frequency dominates any other, Energy ensures that every note is the way it was intended to be—and the sound as natural as possible.
- Wide and Constant Dispersion: Sound at all frequencies radiating from the speaker should be in an even pattern, in all directions throughout the room.
- Low Distortion and Resonance: No speaker system is distortion- or resonance-free, but Energy has achieved a significantly lower distortion level, a clearly audible improvement.
The Take SAT 2-way bass reflex speaker offers terrific performance and great features:
- Ribbed Elliptical Surround woofers that create high efficiency, low distortion
- A chambered aluminum dome tweeter for sonic accuracy and durability
- Front venting extends bass
Featuring the same components as the rest of the Take Series, the Take SAT is voice matched to blend perfectly with any of its counterparts, making it excellent for use as the left, right or center channels of a home theater system or as part of a stereo system. The single woofer with Ribbed Elliptical Surround allows the Take SAT to play loud, clean bass, making your movies come to life. The center-mounted 1-inch chambered aluminum dome tweeter delivers crisp high frequencies.
Maximum performance tips:
The center channel speaker needs to be centrally located so that the dialogue appears to be coming from the center of the screen. It needs to be above or below the monitor, as closely to it as possible. If you’re using a rear projection television, the most likely option is to place it above the screen. If you have a front projection system, you have choices—stand mounting, or placement on furniture, for example. It is important, though, to place the speaker so that its front edge is even with the edge of the shelf or stand supporting it. Unwanted diffraction occurs when the center channel is too far back into a cabinet or other surface with edges that could impede sound dispersion. For left or right channels, the distance between the speakers should be 6-8 feet at minimum for the best stereo imaging. The optimum room shape is rectangular, with the speakers along one of the shorter walls, facing the opposite side.
|System Type||Magnetically Shielded, 2-way Bass Reflex, Front Vented|
|Frequency Response||80 - 23 kHz +/-3dB|
|Recommended Amplifier Power||15 - 125 watts (RMS / Channel)|
|Components||Chambered 1" Aluminum Dome, 3-1/2" Elliptical Surround woofer|
|Impedance||8 ohms nominal / 4.5 ohms minimum|
|Useable Bass Response (-10db Anechoic)||85 Hz|
|Sensitivity (2 speakers in a typical room)||90dB|
|Overall Dimensions||8-1/8" x 6-1/2" x 4-1/4"|
|Weight||5.3 lbs ; 2.4 kg|
|Finishes||Black or White|
|Part Number||10854 (blk)|