Room-filling sound without a room full of speakers...
“The ZVOX 325 inspires sincere gadget lust…booming audio from your TV, MP3 player or DVD…surprisingly good surround sound. It’s simplicity itself." -PC World
What is it?
The ZVOX 325 is a revolutionary single-cabinet audio system for use with TVs, iPODs® and PCs. It combines high-quality speakers, amplifier, a built-in powered subwoofer and the ZVOX PhaseCue™ virtual surround sound system - all in one, easy-to-connect cabinet. Only 17” wide, the 325 will easily fit on a shelf above or below your TV. It uses only one connecting cord – no messy speaker wires. It's the perfect way for people to add high-quality sound to TVs, MP3 players, PCs and many other audio devices. Like all ZVOX's systems, the 325 was designed by Winslow Burhoe (founder of EPI Loudspeakers, formerly with AR, KLH, Burhoe Acoustics and Boston Acoustics) and the ZVOX Design Team.
The ZVOX 325 is the perfect choice for someone who wants to add terrific sound to a television – without the complication and expense of a 5.1 surround sound system. It delivers remarkably accurate, wide-range sound from a single compact cabinet, with only one connecting wire….and a one-page owner’s manual.
ZVOX's best-selling system, the 325 is an evolutionary product. Compared to earlier ZVOX systems, it provides improved performance in tonal balance, stereo imaging, bass accuracy and overall output capability. Female vocalists sound warm, rich and natural. Music is reproduced with true high fidelity. Live concerts sound big and airy and awesome. Movie soundtracks are delivered with startling realism - including punchy, accurate bass. Even sporting events take on a new dimension with the 325 – you’ll hear details you’ve never heard before. And all sound is reproduced with a sense of distortion-free ease. Never before has an audio system offered this combination of high performance, small size, simplicity and affordability.
- The 325 is only 17” wide by 16” deep by 4.8” high. It is the same width as a standard DVD player or cable box – so it will easily fit on a shelf above or below your TV. Everything is inside this compact cabinet – speakers, amplifier, virtual surround circuitry and powered subwoofer.
- The 325 requires only one connecting cord. Hook it up to the analog audio output jacks on your TV – or the TV’s headphone jack – and you’re virtually done. You can place the 325 above or below your TV. Or you can set it to the right or left of the TV set. Adjust the subwoofer level control so that bass isn’t too strong or too weak -- then sit back and enjoy. Plus the works well with iPods, PCs, satellite radios, wireless audio systems, portable CD players, game consoles – anything with audio output jacks or a headphone jack.
Simple to Use:
- If your TV has audio output jacks that can be set to “variable” (check your on-screen menu under “Audio” to see if you have this option), you can use your TV’s remote to control the 325’s sound. If not, use the front-panel volume control or our supplied remote control. Our auto-on/auto-off circuit will turn the unit on about one second after you turn on your TV. Approximately three minutes after you turn off the TV, the ZVOX will go into “idle” mode. It couldn’t be simpler.
Virtual Surround Sound:
- The 325 uses ZVOX’s proprietary PhaseCue virtual surround system to give you rich, three-dimensional sound with movies or music. With music, PhaseCue creates a very wide soundstage – it literally sounds like you are listening to speakers eight feet apart from each other. When listening to a good movie, the soundtrack will envelope you – putting you in the middle of the action. While no virtual surround system – including ours – will give you the surround effects of a good 5.1 system, the ZVOX 325 does a remarkable job. Robert Silva of About.com says, “the surround imaging was very effective, especially since it is adjustable to your taste.” Sound & Vision magazine says our PhaseCue system “mixes different combinations of the left- and right-channel signals in and out of phase and sends them to the various drivers to create an impressive spread of sound, far larger than the box itself…remarkably ingenious.”
No Skimping On Speaker Quality:
- The 325 uses long-excursion main drivers that employ solid metal phase plugs for improved dispersion. All speaker magnets are powerful Neodymium models that are magnetically shielded. The cabinet is MDF (medium density fiberboard), the same material uses in most high-end loudspeakers.
What's In The Box?:
- One stereo mini to stereo mini connecting cable
- One stereo mini to stereo RCA connecting cable
- One credit-card sized remote control with volume up/down and "mute"
- Power cord with external power "brick" One-sheet Instruction manual