Featuring a 4-inch IMG woofer, 1-inch polymer tweeter mated to a square Tractrix® Horn, durable UV-resistant enclosure, non-corrosive grille, easy draining input cup, heavy gauge zinc C-bracket and 3/8"-16 threaded inserts, the AW-400 easily brings high-quality music entertainment to your patio, garden, terrace, balcony or pool side.With its good looks, great performance value and installation flexibility, the AW-400 will change the way you think about architectural audio.
- High sensitivity and power handling
- Paintable UV-resistant ABS enclosure with rustproof aluminum grille
- 90°x 90° Tractrix Horn tweeter for clean, clear highs
- Supplied with C-style mounting bracket and stainless steel hardware
- 3/8"-16 threaded insert for optional mounts
Klipsch All-Weather Loudspeakers:The Klipsch Reference All-Weather loudspeakers are two-way designs using a high performance bass driver for the low frequencies. A Tractrix Horn with a 90° x 90° coverage pattern attached to a 1” diameter compression driver for clean and efficient reproduction of the high and midrange frequencies. Klipsch Reference All-Weather loudspeakers are constructed from UV-resistant, glass-reinforced polypropylene and are remarkably durable against the elements. They can be painted to match any trim or siding color.
Placement:The Reference All-Weather models are perfect for patios, decks, swimming pools, porches or any other place where exposure to the elements makes conventional loudspeaker usage unsuitable. To achieve the best performance from your speakers, place the pair on the same wall facing the listening area and space them six to fifteen feet apart. For a higher quality stereo image, angle down, or toe in, the speakers toward the primary listening area. This is especially important in installations that place the speakers well above ear level. Some additional bass will result if you place the speakers in a corner or near a wall. This provides greater bass coupling due to the additional reflected energy from the walls.
Wall Mounting:Included with your speakers are "C" style mounting brackets constructed of weatherresistant, powder-coated zinc. These brackets attach to the speaker with the supplied low profile knobs that thread onto the top and bottom studs protruding from the cabinet. This allows the speaker to be angled to the left or right when mounted vertically, or up and down when mounted horizontally. You may also use an optional wall or ceiling mount that will fit the provided 3/8” – 16 inserts. For more information, please consult your owner's manual.
- frequency response: 91Hz-20kHz +/- 3dB
- power handling: 50 w (200 peak)
- sensitivity: 91dB @ 1 watt/1 meter
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- crossover frequency: 2940Hz
- tweeter: one 1" (2.5 cm) polymer dome tweeter
- high frequency: horn 90 ° x 90 ° Tractrix Horn
- woofer: one 4" (10.2cm) IMG woofer
- enclosure type: Sealed/ABS
- wire gauge accommodated: 12
- dimensions: 9.5" (24.1cm) H x 6.5" (16.5cm) W x 7.25" (18.4 cm) D
- weight: 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
- finishes: White enclosure and grill