Even though the RF-42 II is the smallest, most affordable tower speaker in the Reference Series, it still handles today’s demanding music and movie soundtracks with ease. In fact, its specifications are almost identical to the larger Reference models.
- Smallest, most affordable Reference Series floorstander
- Fills small to medium rooms with powerful, lifelike performances
- Equally impressive with music and movies
- Highly efficient design produces more output using less energy
- Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure
- Plays louder with less distortion than the competition
- Enhanced 1" titanium horn-loaded tweeter, dual high-output 4.5" woofers
- Dimensions: 34" H x 6.8” W x 10" D
- Beautiful wood-grain vinyl veneer cabinet
The RF-42 II is complete with Klipsch's proprietary Tractrix® Horn technology which produces a unique combination of precision, clarity and effortless power. Finished in a beautiful black ash woodgrain vinyl veneer, the RF-42 II is guaranteed to complement any décor.
New and Improved
Now in its fifth generation, Reference II speakers have even more content and superior sound quality for you to enjoy. You’ll find re-engineered drivers throughout combined with a new crossover system that will capture your complete attention and excite your emotions. Improved cosmetics, including black metallic finished baffles, cerametallic woofers, new logos and feet, redefine the look of “big sound” throughout the line.
Four Laws of the Klipsch Universe
Beginning in 1946, company founder, Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. Together, these four design principles—high efficiency with low distortion, controlled directivity, flat frequency response, and wide dynamic range—have and always will be the foundation for Klipsch's stunningly powerful and precise sound.
- Every Reference speaker utilizes Tractrix® Horn technology for lifelike sound, more output using less energy, improved reliability, reduced distortion and a large soundstage with well-defined imaging.
- Klipsch's light, yet rigid Cerametallic woofer cones feature specially treated aluminum to help better dampen and prevent distortion.
- Titanium tweeter with linear travel suspension—trickle-down technology from Klipsch's flagship Palladium Series—provides an open, natural sound, making you feel as if you’re in the studio with the recording artist or on the set of a film.
- Rounded feet offer less protrusion, giving the cabinet a slimmer, more sophisticated look with new copper accents.
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE||59Hz-24KHz ± 3dB|
|POWER HANDLING||75W RMS / 300W Peak|
|SENSITIVITY||95dB @ 2.83V / 1m|
|NOMINAL IMPEDANCE||8 ohms compatible|
|HIGH FREQ CROSSOVER||1620Hz|
|HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVERS||1" (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 60° square Tractrix® Horn|
|LOW FREQUENCY DRIVERS||Dual 4.5" (11.4cm) Cerametallic™ cone woofers|
|ENCLOSURE TYPE||Bass-reflex via rear-firing port|
|INPUTS||Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp|
|HEIGHT||34.9" (88.7cm) with feet|
|DEPTH||9.7" (24.7cm) with grille|
|FINISHES||Black Ash woodgrain vinyl|