- Small footprint delivers immersive music and movie sound
- Sleek extruded aluminum cabinet available in brushed or high-gloss black
- Trickle-down technology from flagship OMD Series
- Omnipolar® technology creates massive 360º soundstage
- Premium high-frequency drivers provide warm, rich tones
- Powerful low-frequency drivers with Ribbed Elliptical Surrounds deliver intense bass output
Drama Queen, Musical Prodigy
Slim cabinetry, sleek style and superior driver technology were all primary factors when designing our OS3-FS speaker. A third-generation product of the highly acclaimed Omnisat® Series, this supermodel floorstander is a highly sophisticated solution for both movies and music.
Featuring trickle-down technology from the flagship OMD Series, the OS3-FS delivers immersive, 360º audio entertainment, which is technically referred to as Omnipolar® sound. This exclusive performance philosophy creates a perfect balance of direct and reflected sound for accurate, realistic listening.
A looker in any room, the speaker’s attractive extruded aluminum cabinet is available in high-gloss or brushed-black finishes—both of which are mounted on an elegant glass base for added stability. High quality five-way binding posts ensure distortion-free connections with the other components in your home theater system. You want premium audio in a sleek, sexy package? You got it with the OS3-FS.
Secrets to Staying Slim
With a minimal depth of 6.125 inches, the OS3-FS floorstander stands almost 42 inches tall. It features an MDF-reinforced cabinet to eliminate cabinet vibration and reduce standing waves.
The cabinet is internally divided into two sections. The top portion features a 1-inch pure titanium tweeter and an active 4.5-inch poly titanium deposit hybrid midbass driver with an aluminum phase plug, mounted in a patented Omniguide array. This section also incorporates a 4.5-inch passive radiator for greater bass extension. The bottom section consists of four 4.5-inch poly titanium hybrid passive radiators and two active 4.5-inch poly titanium hybrid woofers with aluminum phase plugs, allowing the speaker to create tight, precise bass without the need for a subwoofer. All of the drivers apply patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround technology for greater output and fidelity.
Our Omnipolar® approach to sound, however, is what makes this home audio speaker, as well as other Mirage® products truly unique. The OS3-FS has a patented Omniguide module, involving two deflectors. While one deflector rests on top of the speaker’s tweeter, the tweeter itself is housed in a deflector, suspended over the midrange or woofer. These combined elements distribute sound in a perfect 360º soundstage that evenly permeates the listening environment.
- System Type: 2½ way Magnetically shielded Omnipolar® tower with hybrid bass loading
- Frequency Response: 52 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 3dB
- Nominal Impedence: 8 Ohms
- Power Handling: 175 Watts
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 to 175 Watts
- Impedance: 4 Ohms minimum
- Tweeter: 1-inch pure titanium hybrid
- Midrange: 1 x 4.5” poly titanium deposit hybrid woofers with phase plug and patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround technology in sealed sub-enclosure; 2 x 4.5” poly titanium deposit hybrid woofers with phase plug and with patented Ribbed Elliptical Surround technology; 5 x 4.5” poly titanium hybrid passive radiators
- Room Efficiency: 93 dB
- Crossover Point: 900 Hz, 2,5kHz
- Inputs: High quality 5-way binding post
- Warranty: 5 years
- Overall Dimensions: HxWxD
Inches: 41.875 x 5.5 x 6.125
Cm: 106.4 x 14 x 15.6
- Weight: 22.5 lbs./ 10.2 kg