YHT-395 Home Theater in a Box
Introductory HTiB system featuring 1080p-compatible HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel (4 in/1 out) and a 100W 5-channel A/V Receiver with HD Audio decoding, iPod/iPhone and Bluetooth® compatibility, 4 SCENE buttons and a powerful 8” 100W Subwoofer
HDMI with 3D and ARC
1080p HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel (4 In/ 1 Out) deliver crystal-clear, all-digital audio and video via a single cable, HDMI dramatically simplifies cabling and helps provide consumers with the highest-quality home theater experience. HDMI can provide an interface between most audio/video sources, such as a set-top box, Blu-ray player, DVD player, or A/V receiver and a video monitor, such as a High Definition Television (HDTV), over a single cable.
Audio Return Channel (ARC) is a distinctive 3D-ready function allows consumers to use a single HDMI connection to transfer digital audio from the TV back to the AV Receiver eliminating the need for a second cable between the TV and the home theater AV Receiver.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP
Yamaha’s exclusive CINEMA DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, etc.), providing natural and expansive sound imaging.
Yamaha CINEMA DSP creates richly realized independent sound fields that envelop you in an unmatched surround sound experience. With dialogue, music and effects from ideally located in these separate sound fields, you will hear sound with accurate placement, smooth movement, exceptional clarity and richness, and startlingly realistic presence. It will seem as if the walls of your room have disappeared and you are in the middle of your own immense theater!
The Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for BD/DVD Viewing, CD Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button will automatically launch a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button. Other SCENE settings are also available, such as iPod Listening, SiriusXM Listening [model dependent], TV Sports Viewing and Action Game Playing. Browsing and selecting the settings is quickly accomplished by changing Input via the front panel and watching the on-screen display. The settings can be selected for one-time use, or they can replace the original default settings. The SCENE names can be changed also.
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. This function restores what was lost, so your music always sounds the way it should.
Background Video Feature
Using this feature you can eliminate the audio from unwanted TV programs by playing your favorite music in the background instead. [background music sources vary by model].
This model has a low standby power consumption (0.5W) and an Auto Power Down feature (selectable to 4, 8 or 12 hours) which help make this an environmentally friendly receiver
Optional Accessories for Added Convenience
Yamaha Docks make it easy to enjoy your favorite music from your iPod or iPhone, with or without cables. With the YDS-12, all you have to do is set the unit in the cradle.
Universal Dock for iPod/iPhone YDS-12
Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10
- 5-channel powerful surround sound (100W per Channel)
- HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- 192 kHz/24-bit Burr Brown DACs for all channels
- High dynamic power, low-impedance drive capability
- 1080p-compatible HDMI (4 in/1 out)
- Supports Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 24 Hz Refresh Rate and Auto Lip-Sync compensation
- HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
- SCENE buttons with direct power on (BD/DVD, TV, CD and Radio) - quick and simple to use
- iPod/iPhone compatibility with optional YDS-12 Universal Dock
- Bluetooth (A2DP) compatibility with optional Yamaha Bluetooth® Wireless Audio Receiver YBA-10
- Front panel mini jack input for connecting portable audio player
- Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input
- 9 selectable subwoofer crossover frequencies
- Subwoofer phase select / Subwoofer out
- Initial Volume Setting and Maximum Volume Setting
- Audio Delay for adjusting Lip-Sync (0-240 ms)
- 40-station preset tuning / Auto preset tuning
- Preset remote unit
- Background Video feature