MC2102 Vacuum Tube Power Amplifier
The MC2102 Vacuum Tube Power Amplifier delivers the deep, taut bass , liquid midrange and extended high frequencies that have been the hallmark of McIntosh tube designs since the inception of the company in 1949. Based upon the Unity Coupled Circuit, and rated at 100 watts per channel into 2, 4, or 8 ohm loads, the MC2102 has the power to drive a wide range of loudspeakers with outstanding results.
A polished stainless steel chassis, gold-plated tube sockets, premium glass frontpanel and “Blue Eyes” True Power Peak Responding Wattmeters are among the special touches that help to make the MC2102 an instant classic.
- Tube Compliment
- (8) KT88
- (4) 12AX7A Input Tubes
- (4) 12AT7 Driver Tubes
- Ceramic Tube Sockets with Gold-Plated Contacts
- Patented Unity Coupled Circuit with Bifilar-Wound Output Transformers
- Soft-Start Inrush Protection
- Remote Power Control Trigger
- CUSTOM OUTPUT TRANSFORMER - Unique McIntosh-wound transformer delivers the full rated amplifier output with the least possible distortion and maximum bandwidth into loudspeaker impedances of 2, 4, or 8 Ohms; you get all the power you paid for and the freedom to choose any loudspeaker.
- WATTMETER - Swift, accurate response reveals program peaks so staying within the power limits of your loudspeakers is easy.
- BALANCED INPUTS - Allows the use balanced cables for 40dB better rejection of induced noise.
- MONO MODES - Mono-Bridge and Mono-Parallel modes enable the MC2102 to deliver a full 200 watts as a mono amplifier into 1,2,4,8 or 16 Ohm loads.