- Free shipping
The mmf-5.1SE like the mmf-5.1 is a 2-speed belt driven audiophile turntable employing music hall’s unique dual-plinth construction. The distinctive design isolates the key sound reproducing components; platter, main bearing, tonearm, and cartridge on the top platform from the motor, switch, wiring, and feet which are mounted on the bottom platform. Sorbothane orbs separate the two platforms and provide vibration damping. The mmf-5.1SE comes complete with cartridge mounted.
- Music Hall’s unique dual-plinth construction
- Sorbothane isolation orbs
- Rosenut real wood veneer top plinth renders a classic look to a sophisticated design
- Top tier one piece alloy tonearm with flexible internal wire drawn from high purity copper
- Counterweight’s center of gravity is level with the stylus tip is decoupled from the arm and acts as a resonance damper
- Separately isolated asynchronous motor with two-speed (33/45rpm) pulley
- Goldring 1022GX moving magnet phono cartridge ($375 value) with replaceable fine line-contact type Gyger I diamond stylus. The cartridge supplied is properly aligned and mounted
- Precision stainless steel main bearing sheathed in Teflon for noise-free fluid operation
- Dynamically balanced alloy platter with soft felt mat and screw-on record clamp
- High quality gold RCA connectors with detachable phono cable
- Special vibration damping adjustable foot and round spirit level
- Low noise fully manual belt-drive design
- Excellent instruction manual and easy assembly
- Dust cover and 45rpm adaptor
- Dimensions W18.25 x D13.25 x H5.5 in.
- Weight: 24 lbs. pkg.
Music Hall turntables first saw the light of day in 1998. They are manufactured in the Czech Republic in a factory that continued, throughout the Soviet Era, to make high quality turntables despite growing interest in CDs.
Music Hall has developed a cohesive and logical range of turntables. All are designed to extract a musical and satisfying presentation from that fabulous medium we call vinyl. From the least expensive MMF-2.2 to the flagship MMF-9.1 all our turntables deliver incredible sound and value for money. All are fitted with expensive cartridges from Music Hall or Goldring.