Coaxial Speaker System: 5 x 7 / 6 x 8-inch (125 x 180 mm) Woofer, 0.5-inch (12 mm) Textile Balanced Dome Tweeter
The Evolution TR systems have stood the test of time by delivering unsurpassed value and performance in their price class.
Many people mistakenly believe that an oval speaker cannot perform as well as a round one, leading to many instances of 5.25-inch speakers being installed into 5 x 7-inch openings. JL Audio has put in the engineering time and effort to create fantastic-sounding speakers that drop into oval openings and deliver equivalent performance to our 6.5-inch (165 mm) round speaker systems... guaranteed. So, don't make the mistake of losing cone area and efficiency by stepping down to a smaller round speaker... these ovals are as impressive as our round format systems.
The TR570-CXi system features 5 x 7 / 6 x 8-inch (125 x 180 mm) woofers with mineral-filled polypropylene cones, long excursion capabilities and stamped steel frames. The woofer design benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
Tweeters are coaxially mounted and built with 0.5-inch textile diaphragms that deliver clean response, on and off axis. The small size of the TR tweeter minimizes tweeter protrusion, allowing TR coaxials to fit behind most factory speaker grilles.
Grilles are not available for this speaker system.
Sonic character: Clear and Efficient
Sold as a pair.
5"x7" / 6"x8" Coaxial Speakers
- Power Handling: Peak: 200 watts per pair / 100 watts each RMS: 100 watts per pair / 50 watts each
- 4 Ohm Impedance
- Injection-Molded Mica-Filled Polypropylene Cone Body
- 1" Voice Coil on Kapton Former
- Flat-Profile / Symmetrical-Roll Spider
- Butyl Rubber Surround
- 1/2" Textile Dome Tweeter with Integral Phase Plug
- Ferrite / Ceramic Magnet
- Ferrofluid cooled and Damped
- ABS Spacer Rings Included
- Crossover: Natural Roll-Off Low-Pass 1st Order High Pass Filter with Electrolytic Capacitor
- Screws, Mounting Clips, and Crimpable Conectors Included