What is Viper SmartStart?
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keyring, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can remote start or lock and unlock your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone iPad or iPod Touch; using the popular Viper SmartStart app from Directed Electronics, the leader in vehicle security and remote start. The simple graphical interface gives you control over the following features of your installed Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Panic or car finder
You can also control multiple vehicles – great for families! – and assign more than one user to control a vehicle. It's easy with SmartStart! What's new for Viper SmartStart 2.2? New features:
- SmartStart GPS – When combined with the new Viper SmartStart GPS module, you can locate your car, share activity on Facebook (because your car needs friends, too), and set safety notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- Home Control – Now you can also control your home security system with Viper SmartStart!
Premium GPS plans unlock SmartFence, HotSpot and Scheduling features. Note: These features will not be fully active on Android smartphones until the next App version (2.2.1) which will be released shortly. New Viper SmartStart module:
- VSM250 The VSM250 is our brand-new next generation SmartStart module – with GPS built-in!
- SmartPark – Remembers where you parked your car every time you lock your doors. Provides directions back to your car.
- Viper Motor Club – Free 24/7/365 roadside assistance is included with all SmartStart Secure service plans.
- Smart Alerts – Customers receive a text message to their smartphone if their alarm triggers (with compatible security systems).
Standard Viper SmartStart features
- 2-Way confirmation of commands received at vehicle.
- Smart Alerts sent via push notification or text messaging (SMS).
- Security alert messages (for security/RS or security systems only)
- Error messages if command not executed at vehicle (all Viper systems)