MXA60 Integrated Audio System
Capable of true-to-life sound reproduction that belies its diminutive size (the product measures 22.5” long, 10.6” high, and 14.9” deep, including loudspeakers), the MXA60 is a full-blown McIntosh HIFI in-miniature. Now, perhaps for the first time, music aficionados need not trade performance for convenience. Conceived and executed by the same team responsible for the $250,000 McIntosh Reference System, the MXA60 stands ready to introduce a whole new range of music lovers to the pleasures of owning a hand-made audio system; a system steeped in the McIntosh traditions of unerring quality and value; a system that is built to last a lifetime.
Amplifier and Preamplifier
- At the core of the MXA60 is a 75 watt per channel, complementary-balanced amplifier. ThermalTrak Output Transistors are utilized for improved bias stability and enhanced low level linearity. The McIntosh Power Assurance System: Sentry Monitor fuse-less short circuit protection; Power Guard anti-clipping circuit and peak-reading Wattmeters, insure trouble free operation and low distortion performance over the long term. A hybrid preamplifier with input switching, tone controls, and a host of other user-adjustable parameters is integral to the amplifier chassis. Very low noise solid state input circuitry and a vacuum tubeassisted line stage give the MXA60 the bandwidth and transparency for which McIntosh components are noted.
- The CD/SACD player features an all-metal drive mechanism set in a heavy, die-cast base that resists resonance for superior read accuracy while 24-bit, 192 kHz Burr Brown DACS deliver wide dynamic range and extremely low distortion. The MXA60 drive reads SACD, hybrid SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW discs.
- A software-controlled, chip-based AM/FM tuner combines outstanding reception capability with remarkable sound quality. A McIntosh RAA2 remote AM antenna module (included) provides dramatically superior AM reception when installed remotely.
- Specially designed 2-way loudspeakers, featuring select driver elements and custom cabinetry, achieve an unusually rich and impactful level of performance. High-excursion mid/woofers boast very large motors for low distortion at realistic sound pressure levels. A A¾” titanium dome tweeter features frequency response to 45 kHz and features a magnetic-fluid cooled voice coil that helps avoid energy-robbing thermal compression. Custom, cast aluminum enclosures are designed to inhibit resonance and provide a tilt option to match the swept stance of the electronics. The loudspeakers are finished in a luxurious, high gloss piano black.
- 75 Watts/Channel Output
- Two-way Loudspeaker System
- Cast Aluminum Loudspeaker Construction
- Loudspeaker Tilt
- CD/SACD Player
- 24-bit, 192kHz Sampling Burr Brown DAC
- AM/FM Tuner with RBDS Display
- Custom IR Remote Control
- Balanced and Unbalanced Audio Input
- Line Level Output
- Vacuum Tube Preamplifier
- ThermalTrak Output Transistors
- Power Guard
- Two line Vacuum Fluorescent Display
- Illuminated Output Watt Meters
- R-Core Power Transformer
- A¼” Headphone Jack